I thought I’d try something a little different this week, so this blog post is about you getting involved – Test out what you know about PR with my mini PR theory quiz!
1. Fill in the blanks on this commonly used, CIPR definition of PR. Public Relations is about ______ – the result of what you do, what you say and ______ ?
a) reputation; what others say about you.
b) communication; what you think.
c) influencing behaviour; what you understand.
2. What do PR practitioners often call their audiences?
3. Which of these is not one of Grunig and Hunt’s communication models?
a) Two-way symmetrical model.
b) Public information model.
c) One-way symmetrical model.
d) Two-way asymmetrical model.
4. Let’s talk campaigns. What does the ‘P’ stand for in Morris and Goldsworthy’s ‘POSTAR’ model for campaign planning?
5. Which of the following is an example of nudge theory?
a) Healthier food is placed at eye level, is displayed in a more appealing way and is easier to reach than the junk food.
b) Healthy food options are the only choice, no junk food is available.
c) Promotional material explaining the benefits of healthy eating is handed out before entering the cafeteria.
Post your answers in the comments below, or just use this as a bit of fun to get you thinking about PR theory.
Until next time…